Monday, October 24, 2011

Owl in Watercolour

Watercolour  
 I painted this little owl to celebrate the birthday of a special friend who shares my love of birds, particularly owls. 

Every May, as part of the medieval festival in Castiglion Fiorentino, there is a brilliant opportunity to get up close to these beautiful birds of prey.


The Usual Suspects

 This year for once I had my Nikon and my sketchbook.

Talk about a patient model!
So my watercolour for Felicity was made from my sketches and photographs. 

9 comments:

Making A Mark said...

I can see that he's got his beady little eye on you Robyn. Ruffle his feathers and you'll know about it! ;)

I love the Usual Suspects photograph!

belindadelpesco.com said...

Love the sketch and watercolor and the usual suspect photo is wonderful. I especially like that sleepy guy on the far right. What fun!

ann @ studiohyde said...

It must have been amazing sketching from the actual bird whilst it sat there...and a great job you have done too. Im sure your friend is delighted.

dinahmow said...

Oh! Lucky,lucky you, Robyn.

You photo and sketches are lovely. But I would say that!
;-)

Joan Tavolott said...

I'm amazed at the detail you were able to get in person!!! Great job on this. Love the sketches in Spain!!! I'm sure a few days there were nowhere near enough!

Bridget Hunter said...

You've caught his amazing character - a wise old owl indeed.

Debbie Drechsler said...

What wonderful sketches, Robyn! And the final art is really great, too! What a wonderful opportunity. Birds that sit still for you!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen your owl...and I LOVE owls...a beautiful little one by you robyn!
Ronelle

Parisbreakfasts said...

Wonderful drawings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...