Friday, December 01, 2006

The good oil.


After too many days of fog we've re-emerged into the Autumn sunshine. Delightful. I love this time of year. The olives have been harvested and pressed and l'olio nuovo is celebrated and tasted. It's the most beautiful colour - an intense chartreuse that I haven't been able to capture in watercolour. Didn't stop me trying though.















I'm still obsessed with painting our tower - I was rather disappointed with my efforts. Posted it on WetCanvas and Yorky (Doug) kindly suggested some false shadows that helped enormously.

1 comment:

perugina said...

With Christmas over and the new year well and truely underway now I thought I'd visit and pick up where I left off.

I love your rendition of 'The Good Oil". I have also experienced the harvesting of my Grandmother's Olive trees which she used to have growing in her backyard in Roseto Degli Abruzzi Via Napoli... sadly she has passed and the Olive Trees have since gone and a block of flats built in their place.

Will catch up soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...