Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Still Life in Provence and Antique Market


Gouache on handmade rag paper
21x30cm

This still life was painted in the dining room in Julian and Ruth's house, where I'm cooking dinner in their beautiful and extremely well-equipped kitchen while I write this post.

The turquoise pitcher is my new favourite object (along with two others yet to be revealed) that I found at the famous Sunday market at L'Lsle sur la Sorgue here in Provence.

I could have shopped until I dropped but I kept it within reason. Below are a couple of photos of the beautiful town.



9 comments:

dinahmow said...

Ah-ha! That looks like a possible white- liner...

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Glad to see you got there in one piece! Your Provence paintings and photos are delightful. So colourful.

vivien said...

lovely Robyn - and I envy you that jug

Krista/Ruca said...

Great still life! And I really like the rough look of the handmade paper.

Joan Tavolott said...

Robyn, My thanks to all of you for sharing your work from the trip with the rest of us. I've enjoyed seeing each different perspective of the area and the scenes of Provence bring back such nice memories. Great job on the paintings!!

A Brush with Color said...

It looks beautiful, and I love your painting! Sounds like you are all getting lots of painting in, and in a gorgeous setting.

Charlene Brown said...

Lovely little 'you are there' gouache -- I especially like your new favourite object, but where is the feather? Didn't you take it Provence?

Laura Frankstone said...

Love the painting, Robyn... it is so vibrant and charmingly domestic. And isn't Isle sur la Sorgue beautiful?? How DO the French do it?

Felicity Grace said...

This is really terrific! The composition reminds me of Shirley Trevena's work. It looks like you really enjoyed painting this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...