Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flying Pictures - Venice

Watercolour, gesso, ink & gouache on grey paper (click for larger image)

Lindsay's Flying Pictures sketchbook is now in France with Casey. Since the theme of Lindsay's book is water, my contribution is Venice (above). It's the view from Piazza S. Marco across the lagoon. To the right, detail of some buildings on the Grand Canal.


Lindsay commenced her book with a beautiful and striking collage. I continued this theme, taking her little canoe through Tuscany and on to Venice. Will Casey be tempted to paddle the little canoe on through France? We'll have to wait and see.

You can follow the adventures of all seven books in the Flying Pictures Sketchbook Exchange here.

7 comments:

Joan said...

Robyn, The addition of the Venice paintings is lovely!!! Great job on the architecture and the gondolas. These are really fascinating to see!

Casey Klahn said...

Me Complimente!

My try at Italian. This is a very great vignette of Venice, Robyn!

juj said...

Gorgeous contribution. I love the way the light plays on the water, the sunlit buildings, and the atmosphere beyond the canal. Just lovely.

Joan Y said...

Oh, I love Venice! You captured so well the brilliant light shining off the water! Totally lovely!

A Brush with Color said...

I am enamoured of these Venice paintings. You so captured the colors of Venice, and your love of place is evident. I imagine that book must be just amazing to peruse...

caseytoussaint said...

I'm sitting here gloating - I have the real thing in my studio and it's even better in person!

Robyn Sinclair said...

Very belated thank you to everyone - I've been away and neglecting my blog.

This Venice painting was very much an experiment for me, so I can't tell you all how much it means to have your generous encouragement.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...