Saturday, April 07, 2007

Mirror, Mirror


Since I seem to be taking so long to complete the watercolour I am doing after Hiroshi Yoshida's beautiful print - At the Mirror 1928 - I thought I would post a warts and all work in progress, sharing the errors and corrections along the way. This is my first half sheet of Fabrino HP 300lb paper. It is so beautiful and so forgiving.

I have only seen a reproduction of the print on the internet and am besotted with it. It's interesting that I happened upon this wonderful Japanese artist after exploring Vincent Van Gogh's work through the Fine Line Artists February Artist Project. Van Gogh was inspired by Japanese art. I'm reading a lot about all types of print making at present and am in awe of the process Hiroshi Yoshida went through to produce his prints. I hope my humble watercolour does not offend.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Robin, wonderful to see your excellent work again! This is looking great!

mARTa said...

Robyn, you finally are using your 1/2 sheet! This is turning out lovely. I love this print also and you are working it tenderly. Just awwesome!

platitudinal said...

Robyn, I am for one is grateful that you took the time to record your progress over this painting and to share it with us. It is fascinating to see how the painting evolved. Plus, it allows one who does not paint (that would be me) catch a glimpse of the painstaking and thoughtful process of the arts.

Robyn Sinclair said...

Thank you all for looking and your kind words of encouragement. This is still going very slowly, it seems like an enormous amount of paper to cover. Goodness knows how I would cope with a full sheet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...