Monday, October 13, 2008

Watercolour Rio De S. Vidal Venice

The little red house on Rio De S. Vidal - Venice

I have two favourite houses in Venice - houses as opposed to Palaces of which there are many and one really finds it hard to choose. The first of 'my' houses is Peggy Guggenheim's former home (now a museum) on the Grand Canal, the other is the little red house in Campo S. Vidal which one passes on the way to the Accadema Bridge.

I painted the little red house for Nina in her Flying Pictures sketchbook themed Polychromatic Behaviour.



I follow Lindsay in Nina's book.

Nina's book is a beauty. You can see everyone's contribution to date on the Flying Pictures Blog. Casey has the book in France and as she's already finished her pages, it is probably now on it's final journey home to Nina.

Casey's book has arrived in Italy and as soon as I come up with something appropriate for the last entry that will mark the end of the Flying Sketchbook Exchange for me. But it is far from over yet because I still have to post Lindsay's contribution to Casey's book.

9 comments:

Lin said...

Absolutely GLORIOUS! The subtle shading on the buildings is just perfect!! LOVE THESE Robyn!

annie said...

These are so lovely. I do enjoy your buildings and flowers, and they work so well, together, in that painting of the window box overlooking the buildings in Glen's book.
annie

Anonymous said...

Another lovely little painting, Robyn.Reading all the contributors' comments shows how much fun (and sometimes angst!)you've had. So...brava, molto brava!

Rosa said...

A gasp always escapes me when your page comes up. Your work is breathtaking! And I LOVE the oil painting of the tulip too.

Unknown said...

These books have been amazing and I sure have enjoyed watching them develop. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stories you tell with your brush Robyn. Brings back fond memories of the area.

Joan said...

Wonderful colors in this little red house!!!! Brava!!!

Lisa Adams Reed said...

This just feels great to me!

Judybec said...

Beautiful.... I love your "little red house"! These books are just fabulous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...