Dermott holds the fort
What is all this about?, you might ask. It's about the annual Making a Mark Awards (MAMA), that's what!
Making a Mark is an exceptionally popular blog about art. Each year at this time its creator, Katherine Tyrrell makes a number of well deserved awards to people who blog about art. However, for the past two years Katherine has recognised our dog and his blog. In 2007 it was two awards - the TALES FROM THE FRONTLINE MENTION IN DESPATCHES and THE AMUSING MUSINGS TROPHY. This year - he gets a Special Mention in THE MOOSE AWARD for the Best Animal in an Illustrated Blog.
Dermott is occasionally featured in my art:
So, I come to that time of year when I have to review my artistic goals set twelve months ago:
2. Study Italian EVERY day. FAILED
3. Sell a painting (and I don't mean to a friend). FAILED
4. Come to grips with oil painting and become faster and more confident. FAILED
5. Paint more Watercolour and pen & ink sketches en plein air. FAILED
6. Share more of our life in Tuscany through my blog. FAILED
7. Achieve a quick sketch every day. FAILED
8. Be more risky and playful. WELL... this one wasn't a top priority after all.
Now do you see what I mean about being outperformed by a dog?!
I'm currently compiling My Goals for 2009:
1. BEAT THE DOG (and I don't mean outperform!)
AND A VERY, VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.