Monday, October 06, 2008

Flowers for Glen's FP Sketchbook


Watercolour & ink

This is my contribution to Glen Heath's beautiful flower theme Flying Pictures Sketchbook. Flowers are a favourite subject of mine but inspiration was scarce - and I went as far as Venice trying to kick start my imagination before settling on subjects right outside our back door!



I think this wonderful shiny blue insect is a Carpenter Bee. He was a regular visitor to our sweet peas this year.


And finally a sprig of ivy to create a transition to Casey's contribution.


My spread follows Lindsay's - you can see the entire book so far on the Flying Pictures Blog.

Vivien Blackburn is a British artist who is part of our Flying Pictures. She's just written a marvellous post about taking part in sketchbook exchanges.

12 comments:

vivien said...

Glen is going to LOVE these!

That view is near? - you lucky lucky person you!

thanks for the mention! I kept getting so many queries about how it worked that I thought it would be good to write it up.

Are you taking part in the next one?

Unknown said...

I love seeing these books. What a beautiful addition Robyn. Lovely view!

Rosa said...

These paintings are exquisite!

mARTa said...

how lovely all your posts! I've missed a lot! I especially like the glimpses of your village. I've missed you! I am taking my Guatemala sketchbook to the beach me hoping to catch up with the painting! Ciao!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Fabulous view, and you did a stunning job on it... Glen will surely be pleased.

Anonymous said...

robyn, you've outdone yourself with this painting...all of them!I am so in love with your little street scene and I selfishly SO wish I could have this one TOO in my book!
Ronell

Joan Y said...

Wow oh wow, your paintings are incredible, including the carpenter bee! I thought it was a photo!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Isn't it funny that when you look for inspiration, it never appears, then suddenly, there it is in front of you.

I love the viewpoint from the window, its very effective. The bee...how unusual. The ivy is very well done too.

The whole flying sketchbook concept is brilliant. There should be more of them!

Joan said...

Great job on this!!! I love the buildings with the flowerbox in the foreground...an interesting composition that way! I had to laugh that you went all the way to Venice only to be inspired by what was near you all along. How true!!

Making A Mark said...

I love the first one. What a great set-up and crop - delightful!

Anita said...

Robyn, Robyn, Robyn - these are simply beautiful!!! I keep telling myself that I want to do a sketchbook like these but I know that I wouldn't get any big work done if I did.
Love the direction your artwork is taking!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Robyn simply love the perspective of the window box over the village street. .. and as for the blue bee - scrumptuous colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...